Even at 81, Ruskin Bond, the much loved author, wants to continue doing what he does best — tell stories through his pen.
so Ruskin bond ....pencil sketch today ....
1. Ruskin was born to Edith Clarke and Aubrey Bond.
2. Bond spent his early childhood in Vijayanagar (Gujarat), Jamnagar and Shimla.
3. He wrote his first short story, 'Untouchable', at the age of sixteen in 1950.
Recommended By Colombia
4. In London he started writing his first novel, The Room on the Roof , the semi-autobiographical story of the orphaned Anglo-Indian boy Rusty. It won the 1957 John Llewellyn Rhys Prize, awarded to a British Commonwealth writer under 30.
5. The Hindi film Junoon is based on Bond's historical novella A Flight of Pigeons (about an episode during the Indian Rebellion of 1857). It was produced by Shashi Kapoor and directed by Shyam Benegal.
6. His first novel, The Room On the Roof , was written when he was 17 and published when he was 21. It was partly based on his experiences at Dehradun, in his small rented room on the roof, and his friends.
7. He has written over 300 short stories, essays and novels, including Vagrants in The Valley, The Blue Umbrella, Funny Side Up, A Flight of Pigeons and more than 30 books for children. He has also published two volumes of autobiography.
8. In 2007, the Bollywood director Vishal Bhardwaj made a film based on his popular novel for children, The Blue Umbrella . The movie won the National Award for Best Children's film.